Sunday, June 9, 2013

Meme Week Day 1: ALL the Things!

First day of Erin's Meme Week Challenge: ALL the Things!
(Reference from HYPERBOLE and a Half's post three years ago. Today we know it as a well-loved meme that demonstrates our excitement to "X all the Y". I feel like this meme embodies the personality of the blog itself quite well, so if you have a few hours to kill, maybe you'd want to check Allie's stuff out(She's the author of the web comic/blog thingamajig). When I discovered the site two years ago, I read all of her posts all the way up until March 2011 in one sitting! My favorite posts from her are the Alot and conditions of wishing on a shooting star)

Anyway, for this meme challenge, my interpretation was to use ALL the glitter!
I decided that I wanted to draw cartoon Allie using my Neanderthal freehand skills. But this meant that I would take forever on that one little nail and so I wanted to do something a little simpler on the rest. Hence, the glitter and sparkle! I also didn't polish each nail with glitter all the way, because I wanted to be different and I like the panel design.









Long list of polishes I used:
For Allie: Wet N Wild - French White Creme, random unnamed pink creme polish for the shirt, unnamed yellow polish for the hair, and love&beauty nail art pen in Black
Base: Rimmel London - Midnight Blue
Glitters (from right hand to left hand R-L):
SanteƩ - Ocean Blue Glitter
Color Club - Diamond Drops
love&beauty - Crystal/Red
China Glaze - Marry a Millionaire
Kleancolor - My Rightful Throne
Kleancolor - Green with Envy
Kleancolor - Chunky Copper
Zoya - Twila
love&beauty - Purple/Multi

2 comments:

  1. I love all the different glitters and colors. Your Allie came out great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! This challenge has been way too fun! My classmates have noticed that my nails change into something "interwebz"-related every day! And thank you so much for coordinating the challenge, too! It was such a novel idea :D

      Delete