Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fishtail Manicure

Hi! Wow I haven't blogged in exactly a month... Time sure flies when you have school, work, volunteering, and swim practices!
I really really just need a place to share a teaser of a swimming montage that I am making for my team.

De Anza College Swimming 2013 Teaser <-Click it!


To keep this nail polish related, here is a picture of my nails while at one of the last swim meets before Coast Conference.

And I felt like sharing the list of my events at that same swim meet (yes I know I waited until I got home to take a picture of my arm; I'm such a dork).

The events that I did, in order, were:
50 Freestyle
50 Backstroke
100 IM (Individual Medley, which means all four of the swimming strokes)
100 Freestyle
50 Butterfly
100 Breastroke
In the swimming world, these are all considered sprints, or shorter events. 50 yards of something is two lengths of the pool and 100 is 4 lengths of the pool. What most people don't realize is that when you're swimming sprints you need to go all out, and this is where form plays the biggest role. I have no idea why my coach put me in events that differ so greatly from each other because I am not the "best" at any one stroke. However, I'm glad that my coaches pushed me to go out of my comfort zone and swim such diverse events; I've learned so much in the past year. :)



And yes, I have to post yet another picture of my nails. I hope this shows off the holographicness! I tried out a fishtail manicure (and I followed the tutorial from Lucy's Stash)

Polishes I used:
Black Creme - wet n wild
Silver Speed - Maybelline Express Finish
When Stars Collide - China Glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment